Friday, September 13, 2019

Connotations of Emotions

Poverty

For this photo, I chose a birds-eye-view angle and close up shot for this image as I thought it improved the feeling of weakness in the shot. The empty wallet with only 1p in represented poverty and lack of money as well. I made sure that the only thing in the photo was the wallet so nothing was being taken away from the image or being added by another character or object. I then later turned the colour to black and white in photo shop to give off this feeling of sadness and poverty.




Love

For this photo, I chose a medium shot for this image as I thought it went well the emotion we were trying to portray. The shot could also be seen as a wide shot which works as you can see the relationship
of the characters in the scene. I chose the straight on angle as it represented the way the two lovers were looking at each other, in a gaze of love. I had the two characters sit somewhat close to give off a feeling of affection. I then added a slight saturation to this picture, to give the whole thing a 'warmer' feel which can be connotative to the feeling of love.

Strength

For this photo, I chose a worm's eye view for the angle for this photo to further express the superiority of the person in the image and the amount of power he has. I chose a long shot to show off the whole body of the person again adding to this feeling of power. I decided to situate the person on top of a chair to further show how dangerous and reckless he is. I decided not to focus on anything in particular and rather have the focus on the whole picture.




Fear

For this photo, I chose a wide shot to show off the two characters' surroundings and to show that no one else was around. I chose a straight on angle to not take anything away from the action being done center screen. I showed the emotion of fear by having one character in control of the scene and having power over the other, who was screaming for help. I then added a slight red saturation in photo shop to help portray the danger being captioned.




Loneliness

For this photo, I chose a straight on angle to imply normality and that the emotion on display can happen to anyone. I chose a medium shot to show off the body language and feelings of the character. The character is looking off into the distance to show that he's looking for something he doesn't yet have. He also has a slight smile to show that even through the pain he's trying to be happy, this may make the viewer feel sorry for him. I then made the character lose his colour to represent that he currently has nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment